Besides taking ZZAZEN Collagen daily, cleaning and hydrating your skin it is great to give yourself a facial massage. You can have a luxery massage in a beautiful spa but you can also massage your face at home! The face massage improves the bloodcirculation and your skin will get a natural glow!
HOW TO DO IT?
1.Scoop a rich facial moisturizer (or night cream) into the palm of your hand. About a tablespoon should do it. You want to use a bit more than usual since you’ll apply it all over your face and neck.
2. Rub the moisturizer in the palms of your hand for about 15 seconds to warm it up. Asian women believe the warmer the hand, the easier the product will absorb in the skin.
Pat your skin to cover the entire face with the cream. Place one hand on your forehead and the other hand on your chin and press for two seconds. Then place both hands on either cheek and press for another two seconds. Repeat this twice—the goal is to transfer the product from your palms onto your skin. And make sure you press firmly. Asian women believe the firm pat and pressure will help the skin better absorb the product.
3. Massage the midsection of your face with your fists. Doing this twice helps boost circulation. Start just underneath your cheekbones, using the knuckles of your two pointer fingers. Move up toward the temples with an outward-to-inward motion.
4. Make your way down the entire outline of the face. It promotes lymphatic drainage to help flush toxins and release fluid buildup, which can bloat the face. Asian women love anything that has to do with slimming the face. Using the knuckles of your pointer fingers again, smooth up alongside the nose to the top of your forehead, then move out and down the sides of your face—including the jaw.
5. Use the pads of your forefingers to gently massage the area beneath your eyes to help reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness. Start at the bridge of your nose and move outward. Be sure to lightly press on your temples to relieve pressure.
6. End by kneading your neck with your fists. People usually neglect to take extra care of the skin on the neck, it helps relieve any tension you may be holding in that area. Move from the base of your neck up toward the chin with a pushing up motion.
Remember that every massage step should be performed slowly and with light pressure. Tugging and rubbing with too much friction could result in the opposite effect of what this massage is meant to achieve!
ENJOY YOUR MASSAGE!